The PTA is the largest volunteer organization working exclusively to improve the education, health, safety and well-being of all children and youth. Through the PTA, parents, teachers, administrators and others work for quality education and a true partnership between home and school.
Objectives of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
The mission of the PTA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
PTA By-Laws Please review the Freedom Elementary School PTA By-Laws for the regulations and guidelines that govern the PTA. These can be reviewed to insure that the Freedom Elementary PTA is adhering to guidelines and regulations.