PTA Meeting #2 – Minutes
October 6, 2016
- Principal Update
- Made it through the first month of school
- We are trying to go greener all of the time
- One of the fifth grade classes is using laptops as a control group.
- Teacher Update:
- Mrs. Wonder wanted to know if there was budget money for Project Aces prizes.
- This will need to be tabled until the budget is discussed.
- Board Updates
- 2016-2017 Budget
§ We have an unexpected shortfall.
§ At this point we need to prioritize budget issues in order to close the gap.
§ Some ideas are holding the budget on the book room for the year, dances, supply closet.
§ Motion to put a hold on the book room budget until the executive board has met and revised the budget.
§ There are many grants out there that we can look into to support programs.
- Treasurer Report
- Volunteer Coordinator update:
- Discussed creating a thermometer with goals that can be hung in the hallway to visually display where we are with reaching financial goals for the year
- Fun Run
§ Beach Theme
§ Skits on the morning announcements prior to the run to promote.
§ October 20 with a rain date one week later.
§ Raised $15,400. Think that the total cost will end up around $3000, but final numbers are not in.
- Box Tops, Campbell’s, etc. – Rhonda Hatfield and Jen Blevins
§ The contest is running and going well. We discussed how to track the larger box tops.
§ Teacher supply closet items arrived.
· Volunteer Purchaser – Nicole Murray – 410 -852-5699
- Restaurant Nights – Flyer to go home the day before
§ Will start in October
§ Waiting for Glory Days check from last year
§ Hoppers and Stratosphere
§ October: Chik-fil-a: 10/10
§ November: Tony’s Hibachi: 11/11
§ December: Five Guys: 12/15
§ Rebecca Aiken
- Grocery Store programs:
§ Amount we’ve received so far this year
§ Program has been reregistered
- Bingo: 4/22
- Tristar fundraising
§ 6 weeks free. All funds come to the PTA.
- Distribution of new funds
- Book room/eBooks –
- Behavior Incentive Program
- Cultural Events-
- Birthday Books –
- STEAM Program –
§ Co-chaired by Marcene Trump and Chad Spencer
- Directory/Website update – Victor Zubar
- The website continues to look great.
- MySchool Directory:
- Social Media/Website content liaison: Jodi Leighton
- Continue to blast email about upcoming events
- External Community Coordinator
- Boy Scout Information: Eric Leighton
- Hot Spots: Chelsea
§ They are the before and after school enrichment program
- Other Business
- Look into consolidating school newsletter with PTA news for next year
- Funding for specials
- Specials Funding